Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Procrastination

See me mend Abe's breeches...Battle Road is on Saturday...and Harry needs a lining and knee bands moved down, as well as shirt cuffs.

So, lets list all the cast ons I can think of. Why? Because people on Rav were talking about them.

Invisible provisional (waste yarn, wind working yarn over and under)
backward loop
backward loop with extra twist (german twisted precursor)
longtail
thumb variation LT
lefty longtail (true mirror)
lefty longtail (as I actually do it, combo style)
German twisted
German twisted lefty mirror
German twisted lefty combo
Channel Island
crochet provisional
double needle standard
double needle longtail
cable
knitted on
wind on, knit through back loop
tubular
Jeny's suprisingly stretchy
Judy's magic
figure 8
Turkish
alternating long tail (for colors)

Ok...I know I know more than that, mostly variations, but it's like naming all the dwarfs...hard to do on the fly (well, I can do the dwarfs, probably...Doc, Sleepy, Sneezy, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Bashful...they are easier, if you remember there are two without a y!).

Ok, I guess that means I have to get back to my mending.

In my next life, I'm not telling anyone I know how to sew.

No comments: