Wednesday, July 30, 2008

On Knitting and Biking

DSC00148

My Earth Stripe Wrap is growing! I'm really enjoying knitting it, it just flies, because I keep wanting to see what the next color will look like, despite the boring stockinette. Only problem is that it's now 20 inches (1/3 done!), and it rests on my legs, which was making me too hot, since I cannot knit it with sweaty hands, it is now waiting for me to go home to the A/C to work more on it....it's pretty humid here on the Cape (Cape Cod), even with all the doors open and ceiling fans on. It's fine for knitting on merino lace, just not mohair!

On the bike front, as you can see, I'm still very enamored of my Pink Townie. She is doing a great job being a back drop for my knitting. I still need a name for her! I am up to over 5 miles at a stretch, now, and am still riding about twice a day.

DSC00150DSC00151

I took Harry on a quick ride this afternoon, as I was making sure he could manage in-between busy roads. Tomorrow morning he's doing 6 miles with me, including busier roads, as I teach him to deal with the traffic. He's doing great with hand signs, and staying the right distance from the the edge of the road....but he needs to go slightly faster! He's on a small bike, still, so he doesn't coast very fast.

climbing2
This is what my 13 yr old son likes to do. His grandparents took him out to Utah to climb, for his Bar Mitzvah trip. Grandma doesn't watch ;-)

climbing1

No comments: