Sunday, May 2, 2010

Hats, hats and more hats!

I should really put in all my links from the Sheep and Wool Festival. But I don't feel like it...so I'm going to talk about hats.

We have too many hats.

I have several modern hats, a Tilley Hat for sailing and going being a tourist. My sons have them too.

I have some modern hats, like the one I'm going to wear to Barry and Elise's son's Bar Mitzvah.
Photo on 2010-05-01 at 11.57
(bad photo booth photo)

Abe has a small collection of baseball hats.

Wendy has a few of her own, mostly go unworn.

But we really have a lot of colonial hats.

The prettiest is Wendy's Purple Silk, made by the Fairy Godmother, Hallie.
wendy hat

See? Here is the shelfohats
DSC02063

There are bonnets,
DSC02061

And straw hats galore,
DSC02059

We have foolish looking, mostly dead, old tricorns, (I hope he actually threw that one away!)
IMG_0136

and nice tricorns (that always need brushing),
DSC02062

And you can see my nice hat boxes that I make...lots of carefully cut cardboard taped together with the kind of paper packing tape you have to wet with a sponge to get to stick. I hope to get more made, and color code them by type of hat and person they belong to...

But, really...we have too many hats!

IMG_0131

The funny thing is...they all get worn!

No comments: