Sunday, May 9, 2010

Fishy yarn!

Ok, well Nora calls it Ocean Yarn. But that is ok ;-).

I love me some Nora Yarn...

This is the skein I got.

DSC02095

Isn't it totally gorgeous? You can just about see the fish in it, but it's hard to get it spread out just like Nora had it originally. But I can see half a tail (she does each painting in pairs, so each skein is a half fish). When you look at the sock being knitted up on the Holiday Yarns blog (linked above) it's quite clear that that yarn is OCEAN! Nora is amazingly talented...how does she get that from painting a fish????

As I was spreading it out to take my pictures, Wendy started oohing and ahhing over it. "Mummy, won't you make me socks out if it? Wouldn't it be great for me to be in the frozen artic of Philadelphia, and wear this socks so I don't freeze to death? Can't you just see me in college, going like, 'Oh, yeah, I'm that cool!' "

So it looks like I might just have to make Wendy some fishy socks. She wants a shell pattern, like TheGeorg used (and I meth Georg today, at NHSheep and Wool!!!), on the Holiday Yarns blog.

No comments: